Tuesday 7 October 2014

Pet Portraits, K9 Crusaders

I have done a few photoshoots over summer but haven't uploaded them. I've done a range of shoots from pet portraits to art exhibitions.

I work for a one of the biggest pet shops in the UK and we have a charity called Support Adoption who raise money for local animal charities in the area that otherwise wouldn't get much money for food, kennels, beds and toys. We often support a local dog kennels called K9 Crusaders based in Cornwall. During the Summer my colleagues and I set up various fundraisers including cake sales, bean baths and crate sit ins. I decided this year to do something else and offer to photograph customers dogs and in trade for a print they would give £5-10 towards the charity.
It was a huge challenge as I dealt not only with wriggly puppies but children as well who were sometimes cooperative, it was a lovely experience though. I only had a simple background and softbox flash gun set up as I couldn't take too much equipment with me due to working as well. In the end the photographs turned out well and the families were very pleased with the prints I gave them the following weekend. I raised £70 which I thought was good but next time I will probably charge more just as it's for a good cause!












No comments:

Post a Comment