Wednesday 19 June 2013

Street photography inspiration...

I find that street photography is one of my favourites as I get to people watch and capture moments that you would otherwise go unseen. There's quite a lot of pioneers of street photography that I look up to and find inspiration from such as Walker Evans, Henri Cartier-Bresson and Garry Winogrand. These are photographers that have made documentary and their work captures emotions, stories and are composed beautifully.
Garry Winogrand is an inspirational photographer and his work has given me ideas for my street photography. I wanted to capture peoples relationships that they hide away to the public but I can capture those split seconds of a couple have dinner or someone having a chat in the street.
 Winogrand was known for his portrayal of American life in the early 1960s. Many of his photographs depict the social issues of his time and in the role of media in shaping attitudes. He roamed the streets of New York with his 35mm Leica camera rapidly taking photographs using a prefocused wide angle lens. His pictures frequently appeared as if they were driven by the energy of the events he was witnessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment