Tuesday 27 November 2012

Independent Businesses In Cornwall

This post is carrying on from my person at work piece. I have edited down which bakery shots I would like to show on crits, I think the detailed shot is my favourite.








I also went to Arwenack Fisheries in Falmouth  which has been running for about 40 or so years by a dad and his two sons. I was very lucky when I went in as they were about to gut and prepare a Salmon. I talked to them about their business and why they go into it, they were very amusing and told loads of funny stories. They had many local customers come in for their fish and sometimes just to chat which i thought went well with my reasoning for doing local businesses.



For my third shoot for independent shops I went to The Cheese Shop in Truro, they have a variety of cheeses which they sell and weigh. The man was really friendly and didn't mind me taking photos at all. He also sold little pottery mice which I found amusing. 



















I wanted to photograph independent shops and show that the small businesses are better than the branded corporate shops. With these family run businesses you get better quality products and a better customer service. I feel that these shops are dieing out but in Falmouth they are still here which I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment